HubSpot - Create New Leads
Learn how to automatically add attendees to HubSpot using Zapier.
Hubspot is one of the world’s leading CRM tools, which can be used to acquire and manage your leads and business contacts, furthermore, the standard CRM program is entirely free of charge. If you’re organising a business event (such as a conference) you’ll very likely be interested in capturing more leads at the event. By using Zapier, you can link Eventix to HubSpot so your attendees are immediately added to your contacts list. This connection can prove to be an invaluable, time-saving tool for growing your business through your events.
How do I link Eventix with HubSpot CRM?
1. First things first, you will need to accept our invitation to join Zapier.
2. Go to Zapier Dashboard, and click on ‘Make a Zap’ in the top-left corner of the screen.
3. First, you will need to choose a Trigger, the activity that prompts Zapier to start an automation. Choose the ‘Eventix’ app.
4. The following step is to select the Trigger within the Eventix app. Since we are trying to automate the process of adding subscribers to a mailing list, choose ‘New Order’.
5. You have selected a Trigger. Now, select the company you would like to draw orders from. If your company is not listed, click on ‘Connect an Account’ and enter your details (if you haven’t already done that). Once you’re ready, click on “Continue”.
6. Now you can test your connection by clicking on “Test & Continue”.
7. Your trigger is complete. The next step is to select what Action Zapier should take. In this case, you want to choose Hubspot CRM as the app.
8. Now you want to choose ‘Create or Update Contact’ as the action. Then click on ‘Continue’.
9. After this, you will be prompted to connect your HubSpot account if you haven’t done so already. Click on ‘Continue’ again.
10. On the next screen, you can select which fields in the contact’s HubSpot profile will be created (or updated) from the information gathered through your ticket shop. The number of options here may seem overwhelming, but don’t worry; the three important fields here are ‘Contact Email’, ‘First Name’ and ‘Last Name’. To match the inputs, click on the field and find the corresponding data point from the dropdown menu (there is a handy search bar!). If the attendee’s email address corresponds with a known company, the contact will automatically be added to that company in HubSpot.
EVENTIX TIP: Each question asked in the ticket shop will cost you conversions, keep this in mind when collecting visitor information. We recommend only requiring the email address, first name and last name when possible.
11. After you hit ‘Continue’, you will be able to test that the connection is working correctly by hitting ‘Test & Continue’.
If everything comes back fine you will be able to complete your Zap by clicking on “Turn on Zap”, as you now have a working Trigger and Action.
Congratulations, you should now have a working connection between your ticket shops and your HubSpot. If you have any further questions or feedback, feel free to contact us via the chat in the bottom-right of your screen or via email@example.com.