How do I send free tickets to a visitor?
Find out how to reward your loyal visitors by putting them on the guest list and sending them a free ticket.
As an event organiser, you’ll likely want to put a visitor on your guest list; this could be a sponsor you work with, a photographer that is going to capture all the highlights of your event or the winner of a promotional campaign.
TicketSwap blocks all of our free tickets from being resold on their platform, keep this in mind when sending free tickets and make sure to communicate it to the recipients to avoid potential future abuse.
If you would like to add (a lot) more people to the guest list, you can read this guide in which we show you how you can easily import a group of people from a .csv file.
How do I send a free ticket to a guest?
1. Go to your ‘Dashboard’, click on ‘Guestlist’ in the menu on the left side of your screen and select ‘Invite guests’.
2. In order to add people to the guest list of an event, click on the ‘Select an event’ drop-down menu and pick the event. After doing so you’ll be presented with the list of tickets available for your event.
3. You can now select the type of ticket(s) you would like to assign to a guest. Don’t worry about the price, they won’t be billed.
4. Once you’ve selected all of the tickets you want to send your guest, click ‘Next’ and you’ll be able to fill in the guest’s details.
5. You’ll notice a separate option titled ‘Add visitor information’. By clicking on this button, you can add extra information per ticket. This is mainly handy if you’d like to check the name on the ticket at the door. In the GIF below, you can see how to add visitor information. This information will also be included when you make an export of your tickets, which is useful for keeping track of your customer base.
If you're not familiar with visitor information - and how to create your own questions - please check out our in-depth guide on visitor information here.
Thanks for reading, if you have feedback or questions about these guides, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.