How do I set up Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)?
This guide will show you how to set up Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) for your Eventix account
Two-factor authentication adds a second layer of security to your account. Verifying your identity by using a second factor (your mobile phone) prevents anyone but you from logging in, even if they know your password.
Why should I set up 2FA?
Passwords are increasingly easy to compromise. They can often be leaked, stolen, guessed or hacked. With 2FA enabled for your Eventix account, even if a hacker manages to get their hands on your login credentials through a phishing attack or data breach, they won’t be able to access your account without the second factor. This makes it much more difficult for hackers to access your account and helps protect your company's personal and financial information.
How do I activate 2FA?
You can only set up 2FA in the new Dashboard, not in the ‘Classic Dashboard’.
2. Open the user navigation by clicking on your avatar in the top right corner.
3. Click on ‘Your profile’.
4. Click on the security tab on the left-hand side of the screen.
5. In the grey box at the top, you’ll see the two-factor authentication settings. Click on ‘Open’ to expand the menu.
6. To activate two-factor authentication, click on the blue ‘Set up’ button next to the Authenticator app option.
7. Next, you’ll need to scan the QR code using an authenticator app on your phone. If you do not have an authenticator app yet, you can download one for iOS or Android.
8. Once you’ve scanned the code in your authenticator app, click on ‘Next’.
9. You’ll then be required to enter your password as well as the six-digit code provided by your authenticator app. Once you’ve entered the details, click on ‘Validate & Enable’.
Please keep in mind that this code is a TOTP (Time-based one-time password) and will change every 30 seconds. If you wait too long to validate and enable, you will have to enter a new code.
10. You will then be presented with a list of Recovery codes. Make sure you write down or copy these codes to a safe location, as they will provide emergency access to your account (in case you lose your phone and access to your authenticator app, for instance). Once you have saved the recovery codes, click on ‘Continue’.
11. You have now activated your two-factor authentication. The next time you log in, you will be asked to provide the code from your authenticator app in addition to your password.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.