How can I collect visitor information per ticket?
In this guide, we’ll show you what options you have when it comes to collecting visitor information per ticket.
In an earlier guide, we went into depth about how you can manually generate visitor information by asking specific questions. In this (shorter) guide, we’ll show you how to collect (personalised) visitor information per ticket.
How do I request visitor information per ticket?
1. Go to your ‘Dashboard’, select ‘Events’.
2. Choose which event you would like to collect extra visitor information for by clicking on the blue ‘Edit event’ button to the right.
3. On the left, you’ll now see five different icons; by selecting the ticket icon you’ll be able to make changes to your tickets, such as what visitor information you want to collect per ticket.
4. Now can choose to edit an existing ticket by pressing the ‘edit’ button beside the ticket’s name. You can also create a new ticket by clicking on the blue ‘New ticket’ button in the top-right corner.
5. Regardless of whether you create a new ticket or edit an existing one, you’ll end up on the same page where you can set up your tickets. This page includes the option to collect additional visitor information. To do so, click on ‘More options’ in the top-right corner and select ‘Additional visitor information’.
6. If you click on the ‘Additional ticket information’ drop-down menu, you’ll see a list of possible fields that you can ask or require your visitors to fill in. Toggle on the options that correspond with the type of information you would like to collect; this could be ‘First name’, ‘Last name’ or ‘City’ for example.
7. If you want, you can add your own questions to this list. You can do this by clicking on the ‘Manage’ button in the menu to the left and selecting ‘Visitor information’. Next, click on the blue 'New' button to open a new window that will allow you to create a new question by filling in the ‘name’ and ‘extra information’ fields.
8. In the ‘New visitor information’ window you’ll also see the options ‘Type’ and ‘Validation’. If you don’t know what you can do with these different options, please check out this guide where we go into detail about what they have to offer.
Thanks for reading, if you have feedback or questions about these guides, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.